Sunday, September 19, 2010

cooking oils

This is my impressive collection of cooking oils. No other kitchen in
Murcia could dispose of such a variety of oils, as many are not
easily available here. From left to right, back row first:

The organic omega blend: I picked up in a health store in London, is
a mixture of Flax, Hemp, Sesame, Pumpkin, Evening Primrose all rich
sources of Omega 3,6 and 9. I don't cook with this, I tend to add it
fresh to foods.

Palm oil: found in a Nigerian store in Murcia.

Avocado oil: bought from Ecuador.

Flax seed oil: From a health store in Murcia.

Extra virgen Olive oil and Olive oil 0,4 acidity, standard oils from
the supermarket.

Sesame oil: This comes from a chinese store, it has too strong a
flavor, so I only use sparingly and in combination with other oil.

Butter: I have only recently re-introduced butter into my diet,
perhaps I will bring ghee, which is more resistant to cook with back
from the UK, next time I travel.

Virgin Coconut oil: Personal favorite, resistant to cook with - not
available in Murcia though as far as I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment